Click HERE for Full Race Results
Shore to Shore Road Race...a 67 year tradition.
Monday, August 5, 2019
Wiarton Rotary, after a long absence, will once again assume the organization of the Shore To Shore Road Race in 2019. The race was originally named the Bluewater Marathon and it started from Cape Croker in 1947. The start was then moved to Oliphant and finished in Wiarton in 1953. The race begins at 8am in Oliphant and the 13km route is a classic course with rolling hills and a fast downhill finish.
The first 100 people to register for the race, by July 15, will get free a t-shirt commemorating the race.
There are prizes for the top male/female in each age category 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
|course:||Runners (13k) start at the Oliphant Beach corner (Lake Huron), and travel along a paved County road, past inland lakes (Spry Lake & Boat Lake), farmland and quarries, through the streets of Wiarton, finishing downhill of the Niagara Escarpment at the Wiarton Arena (Georgian / Colpoy's Bay). |
Walkers start at approximately the 7.5k mark.
|» registration:||• online: July 1 - August 4, 2019 (online registrations ends at 5:00pm on August 4)|
• in person: (bib pick-up available at these locations)
• Saturday, August 3 - 8:30am-4:30pm - Runners Den, Owen Sound (801 2nd Ave. E.)
• Sunday, August 4 - 3pm - 6pm - Dunk Tank at the Village Fair - Bluewater Park, Wiarton
• Monday, August 5 - 6am-7:15am - Wiarton Arena (563 George St.)
|» fee:||$40.00 pre-registration |
$45.00 race day, cash only
|» race details:||• start time, 8:00am, Oliphant Beach Corner (County Rd. 13 & Shoreline Rd.)|
• free transportation (school bus) from the arena to the start line
• washroom facilities available at the arena and at the start line
• water stations at approximately 4k, 9k, and 11k
• first aid on-site
Registration opens on July 1, 2019.
Click HERE to register