Monday, August 3, 2020
Shore to Shore Road Race...a 68 year tradition.
Monday, August 3, 2020
This race was originally named the Bluewater Marathon and it started from Cape Croker in 1947. The start was then moved to Oliphant and finished in Wiarton in 1953. The race begins at 8am in Oliphant and the 13km route is a classic course with rolling hills and a fast downhill finish.
The first 100 people to register for the race, by July 10, will get free a t-shirt commemorating the race.
In the RUNNING Division, there are prizes for the top male/female in each age category 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
In the WALKING Division, there are prizes for the top THREE males and the top THREE females.
There is a cap of 25 entrants in the walking division and a 2 hour, 15 minute time limit.
|course:||Runners AND Timed Walkers (13k) start at the Oliphant Beach corner (Lake Huron), and travel along a paved County road, past inland lakes (Spry Lake & Boat Lake), farmland and quarries, through the streets of Wiarton, finishing downhill of the Niagara Escarpment at the Wiarton Arena (Georgian / Colpoy's Bay). |
Traditional Walkers start at approximately the 7.5k mark. This is an untimed, unofficial walk.
|» registration:||• online: January 1 - August 2, 2020 (online registrations ends at 5:00pm on August 2)|
• in person: (bib pick-up available at these locations)
• Saturday, August 1 - 8:30am-4:30pm - Runners Den, Owen Sound (801 2nd Ave. E.)
• Sunday, August 2 - 3pm - 6pm - Dunk Tank at the Village Fair - Bluewater Park, Wiarton
• Monday, August 3 - 6am-7:15am - Wiarton Arena (526 Taylor St.)
|» fee:||$40.00 until May 31, 2020 |
$45.00 June 1 - August 2 at 5:00pm, 2020
$50.00 CASH ONLY on race morning
|» race details:||• start time, 8:00am, Oliphant Beach Corner (County Rd. 13 & Shoreline Rd.) 1 Shoreline Road|
• free transportation (school bus) from the arena to the start line
• washroom facilities available at the arena and at the start line
• water stations at approximately 2.5k, 4k, 7k, 9k, and 11k
• first aid on-site
Follow the Oliphant Road to Ebel Quarries and turn right onto the Old Oliphant Road. Then right on John and left on George to the end!
Registration opens on January 1, 2020
Click HERE to register
Click HERE for 2019 Race Results